/ ... / AAX, AUv3, AU and VST 2 Wrappers
On this page:
Helper Class wrapping a VST 3 plug-in to an Audio Unit v2 plug-in
The VST 3 SDK comes with an AudioUnit wrapper, which can wrap one VST 3 audio processor and edit controller as an AudioUnit effect/instrument.
The wrapper is a small dynamic library which loads the VST 3 plug-in. As AudioUnits store some important information in their resource fork, this library must be compiled for every VST 3 plug-in.
- You first need to build the SDK (check here) and then you should - have the xcode project.
- You may need to download the CoreAudio SDK from Apple and point cmake to it when building the SDK with it (see here).
- create a copy of the again AU wrapper example project directory (public.sdk/source/vst/auwrapper/again/)
- rename the copy to your needs
- edit the target settings of the project and change
- Product Name
- Library search path so that it points to the directory where libauwrapper.a exists
- architecture setting so that it only includes architectures that the VST 3 plug-in supports
- search in the project for AUWRAPPER_CHANGE and change the settings to your needs, especially in:
- edit audiounitconfig.h, see comments there
- edit Info.plist, see comments there
- edit the "Make Links Script" for easier debugging/development
- build your project
- done ... that is all!
For the release version, you must place a copy or an alias of your VST 3 plug-in in the resource folder of the bundle named "plugin.vst3"